Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ten Years . Ten Months



It's been so long since I've blogged I'm pretty sure I've forgotten how. Unless you can call copying and pasting my favorite poems "blogging", I'm a smidge rusty...so my apologies in advance to the one person who actually reads this. I knew, however rusty I may be, that I HAD to post an update, as I can imagine Hudson 20 years from now reading this and wondering what was going on in his life between his 4th and 10th month. Month 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and almost 10 have literally gone by faster than I can believe...this summer has seemed the shortest of any in my 33 years. But it has truly been one of the most blissful. This month we celebrated Hudson's 10th month and Mr. Brady and I have officially been married for TEN YEARS!!!

TEN YEARS: I would be lying if I said I had a better friend in this world than Mr. Brady. I would also be lying if I said our past 10 years haven't been flawed and, well, sometimes pretty hard. We've had our share of fun, easy, happy. get-along swell, and laugh-a-ton days, yes, but we've also endured (pardon my French) a lot of pure shit times as well. So I have to say that I'm beaming proud of us for reaching this milestone...not only because we've reached it, but because we probably love and respect each other more now than we did when we first exchanged vows. The frosting on the cake is celebrating a decade together with our first child...which we quite literally did...and surprisingly enjoyed. I say surprisingly because after dinner out at a family friendly restaurant downtown we spent the second half of our anniversary evening at Mobius...a children's science museum...sitting cross legged in the baby play yard. Of all the million things to do in that play yard (a slide, train table, dinosaurs, etc) Hudson wanted to play with the books. We mused afterwards at how wonderful it is that we were getting to spend the night surrounded by toys...because it meant spending time with our favorite little person. We spent the rest of the weekend eating out way too much and justifying it by saying we were still "celebrating".




TEN MONTHS: Hudson, bambino, monkey...was I seriously not just bringing this tiny boy home from the hospital yesterday???! Hudson is no longer a tiny boy...he now looks like a 2 year old (already wearing 18mo-2T sized duds). He has 2 bottom teeth and 4 uppers (almost). He is crawling at the speed of light, and can say da-da and mum mum, the latter he usually reserves for when he is sad or upset...da-da when he is happy as well as other general baby babble including "na" sounds and "ssss" sounds.






He has discovered, much to my dismay, that vegetables don't taste as good as fruit, bread, and pasta. His fave foods include any bread (especially homemade pumpkin bread), bananas, pears, yogurt, berries, watermelon, sweet potatoes, spinach ravioli, and lasagna. He will eat veggies but pretty much only if they are cooked in with something else (he loves eggplant and zucchini risotto) or if it is pureed and mixed with fruit. We are bound and determined that this babe will eat his veggies so we continually try! We also want an adventurous eater, and so we are able to justify eating out as ways to "introduce H to new foods".



He is standing while holding onto something and cruising...it won't be long before he will be taking his first steps and he is getting plenty of practice with his walker. Our daily routine includes mornings spent in the playroom and sharing tiny bites of mommy's oatmeal. Our summer afternoons are usually spent at the library, swinging at the park, visiting friends, taking Sam-dog for walks, shopping, playing, and exploring the house. The babe could keep himself busy for hours playing with the mirror, dog kennel, and high chair...he also loves his Sam-dog who is a constant source of big baby laughs. Dad-dad loves giving H his bath and putting him to bed...so that is special "boy" time. H LOVES to read books and we have probably checked out and read over a hundred kids books from the library...more on that to come.



Speaking of children, mine just woke up...time to sneak some veggies into his belly and then off to buy supplies for little man's FIRST BIRTHDAY (squirrel) party...unbelievable!!! 

1 comment: