Sunday, May 5, 2013

Thirty Four

 This month I turn the big 3-4.

I never make a fuss about my birthday, I don't even remember what I did for my b-day last year, or the year before, or the year before that...

However, as of late I'm on this BIG "self love" kick (more on this soonish) thanks to some really magnificent recent reads. Self-Love is so foreign to me; I feel I've practically been brought up to self-deprecate, confusing that with humility, but this birthday is not going ignored as per usual, there's a whole lotta love this year and I'm kind of making a deal about it.

And by "making a deal about it", I mean cake and flowers and iced coffee and a present or five, but more than that, I mean celebrating my entire 34th year. This year I am so thankful to be alive and I want this year to be the most memorable and special one yet by doing things (big and small and ridonc) that I've always wanted to do, some things that scare me, some things I'm pissing my pants excited to do, and mostly I want to appreciate the opportunity I have to do them.

My Thirty Four of Thirty Four*
*not a bucket list, in no particular order, and I've intentionally left a few blank to fill in later

  1. Take a belly dancing class
  2. Spend an entire day in silence
  3. Stay at a Bed and Breakfast
  4. Go to a movie alone
  5. (Finally) join a book club
  6. Join or start a mommy group
  7. Seriously take up hiking...I'm talkin' boots, cargo shorts, and baby hiking carrier
  8. Establish a grown-up skin care regimen
  9. Invest in quality makeup
  10. Paint something with abandon
  11. Write and illustrate a book for Hudson
  12. Write a letter to the daughter I don't have (yet)
  13. VOLUNTEER
  14. Take a cooking class with Mr. B.
  15. Get my first tattoo
  16. Host a nighttime gypsy party
  17. Cook an authentic Indian dish
  18. Visit an energy/reiki healer
  19. Meditate every day-even if it's only for 15 minutes
  20. Wear red lipstick
  21. Sell everything I own that I don't use
  22. Write a letter to everyone I love telling them what I love about them
  23. Go dancing (I haven't done this outside my kitchen in YEARS!)
  24. Get a swedish massage
  25. Do yoga at least once a week at a studio...look into an instructor program
  26. Watch every movie Meryl Streep has ever appeared in
  27. Go to the middle of nowhere and scream at the top of my lungs and/or throw a private temper tantrum
  28. Take an actual vacation (one week minimum) UNPLUGGED
  29. .
  30. .
  31. .
  32. Top secret/semi-illegal artistic activity/but seriously harmless/pics to come if I get the balls to actually do this.
  33. Mr. B's choice (learn to shoot a gun) 
  34. Throw a big party with lots of fuss for birthday #35
And of course, blog about them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment