Monday, October 22, 2012

Hudson's FIRST Happy Birthday!

My boys in McCall on our birthday roadtrip

  Last weekend Alex and I ventured for the first time (post age 14) with the babe to Toys R Us. While walking through the artsy toys aisle, dress-ups, and dolls (and on a regular basis as I am raising Hudson) I kept thinking to myself, "dang I wish I were a kid again!"

Hudson is a constant reminder to me of the innocence, fun, & magic of childhood. And of course one of the biggest perks of kid-dom has got to be the all out anticipation and celebration of birthdays!!! Mr. Brady and I aren't much on celebrating our own but I do love a party, so I was in kid-party-planning-heaven prepping for Hudson's first. I did, however, remind myself that he's a baby and spending a ton of money on decorations is a bit of waste...I felt even better about this choice after I realized I took ZERO pictures of the decorations I did make/purchase.

I guess you'll have to take my word for it that the party was SQUIRREL themed after the birthday boys favorite song from music class. It goes a little something like this:

Squirrel squirrel shake that bushy tail
Squirrel squirrel shake that bushy tail
Wrinkle up your little nose
Put a nut between your toes
Squirrel squirrel shake that bushy tail

How cute is that!!? It makes him smile every time.

We were so lucky to be able to host his party in Boise with all of his family and our very best friends from high school. Nana Nina's house was once again happy, crazy, bustling, and literally bursting full of family and friends...Hudson didn't know what to think when 40+ people surrounded him and started singing Happy Birthday...it was pretty special. Alex and I definitely agree after this trip that we want to move back so we can raise Hudson with the support of his loving family.

On his Boise Birthday Trip, Hudson also visited the zoo for the first time with the 'rents, Nina, Granny and Uncle Alan. We brought the stroller but didn't end up using it as everyone wanted their turn holding H and showing him the animals. The kiddo is weighing in at about 23 lbs soooo he ended up switching family members about every 15 minutes and I was asked repeatedly HOW I do it on a daily basis!!?

And now for the pictures...
Pre-cake-face



Pumpkin spice cupcake yummy-ness



Nom!
Opening pressies with dad-dad

Pirate sock puppet
Checking out the giraffes with Grammy


Half Uncle/Half Zebra
Family love

Feeding the goats with Dad-dad

It really is all happening at the zoo!
Nina and Dad


Sleepy car ride
Swimming at the hotel-Hudson LOVED it!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday big boy!! Awwww, I can't believe it's been a year already!

    ReplyDelete