Thursday, June 20, 2013

NEW VW!

No, not this...

+via here+

I WISH!

Someday, hippie-VW-camper-with-wreath-of-sunflowers-picked-from-the-meadow-I-just-danced-in, you will be mine.  
Oh yes, you will be mine!

I mean the new Vampire Weekend album Modern Vampires of the City which I've recently discovered a month and a half after everyone else on the planet.

But this may come as exciting news to any fellow hermit music junkies who live under rocks out there. 

After pouring over every lyric, I was surprised to find that this album is seemingly mostly about politics & religion. Until this album it's been a while (since Rufus Wainwright's Going To A Town) that I've been really moved (politically speaking and not specifically one way or the other) by a contemporary song...this album has a few.

A few faves:  
Step 

Don't Lie - These lyrics:
"I want to know - does it bother you?
The low click of a ticking clock
There's a lifetime/headstone right in front of you
And everyone I know"
"It's the last time running through snow
Cause the fire can't last and the winter is cold"
This song is a new daily listen.

Hudson, which is just hauntingly beautiful, bears my sons name, & whose enigmatic lyrics will definitely find me hitting repeat. A lot. 




No comments:

Post a Comment