Sunday, June 23, 2013

1 down, 33 to go


It's already been over one month since I created my 34 list and I can finally mark one off!!! It's apparent that I'm going to have to kick it into high gear if I plan on actually finishing! Some creative combining perhaps? I could wear red lipstick WHILE painting something with abandon ALL WHILE spending the entire day in silence! BOOM-done!

Tonight I made my favorite Indian dish: aloo palak with basmati rice. 

17. Cook an authentic Indian dish done and done!


+recipe & picture via here+



If you didn't already know this about me, I don't cook.

Or, I mean, I try, but unless it's mac and cheese from a box or spaghetti from a jar, I screw it up somehow and it ends up in the garbage, money and time wasted. A girl with zero cooking skills whipping up an Indian dish seemed impossible   disastrous  challenging & rewarding-hence it made it to the 34 List.

So, yeah, I'm a little proud of myself tonight.

Don't get me wrong, It was NO Taste of India-that's for SURE, but it turned out like the picture and I didn't murder it...it was edible and my house smells deliciously fragrant and exotic from all the spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment