Thursday, March 28, 2013

Curated : Alison Van Pelt


When I discovered Alison Van Pelt I pictured myself at a showing of her works in person with Celine from Before Sunrise. Celine and I would both say "transitory" to describe her work at the same time followed by a "jinx owe me a coke"...

I have imaginary Parisian friends.

When it comes to art I love ethereal. I love movement. I love mystery. I love pieces that bring to mind the word "transitory". 

Is it any wonder then that I would fall madly in love with Van Pelt's paintings...the following pieces are just a few of my faves.  

Stunning.

If I could own only one it would be Silver Horse-and after I came-to from the fainting spell, I would hang it above my sofa and never leave my living room again. Ok, I exaggerate-but it would be hard to let any of these out of my sight...

.source.
.source.

.source.

.source.

.source.


.source.

Any faves?

No comments:

Post a Comment