Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall is for...pumpkins!

pumpkins pumpkins pumpkins
Today's blog post is about pumpkins. Nothing more. Nothing less. If pumpkins aren't your thing, you may not enjoy this one, but bear with me and whip up a batch of Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread for your fam this weekend (although you may decide not to share it's THAT good), and I'm pretty positive I'll make you as much of a pumpkin-hugger as I've become!
My love for anything and everything pumpkin is a rather recent one. As kids my brother and I who knew juuuuust about everything, knew pumpkins had only 3 uses...to make jack-o-lanterns, to transport princesses to balls, and to make pumpkin pie which we absolutely despised...so in our book, pumpkins had only 2 practical uses. Because of this one could argue that our childhoods were a bit on the deprived side...

Besides being a fun word to say 'pump-kin', especially in Spanish (calabaza) and besides being fun to carve and yummy in pie (I've come around on that one)...pumpkin is hands down the most delicious fall food ever! Can you believe I didn't know this until last year when I first tried pumpkin bread?! Deprived much? Now I can't get enough...pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin scones, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin roll, pumpkin latte, pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin FACIALS! So in honor of The First Day of FALL I wanted to share some of our new favorite pumpkin recipes with you...enjoy!

Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread. This is THE best pumpkin bread recipe I've found and it makes 3 loaves=sharsies!
These are pumpkin flaxseed muffins; yummy and good for you.
Yummy recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds
Making these pumpkin cupcakes for H's first b-day bash!

Cute idea and can't wait til Hudson is old enough to color one of these bad boys
 
With left over pumpkin puree from the bread you can make pumpkin pie smoothies! mmm

Or make a pumpkin mask with your left over pumpkin puree
Another pumpkin mask recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment