Thursday, September 13, 2012

Watering the Grass

It has to be said that I am pretty damn lucky to have Mr. Brady for my husband and baby-daddy. I am reminded of this fact almost daily either by watching how great he is with baby h, his patience and acceptance of me, or hearing stories of not-so-helpful hubbys and dads. A couple recent examples:

1. The other day I am complaining about how I hate my 2 pairs of jeans that actually fit and how I just want to splurge and get a pair of Sevens for $100+. Instead of telling me that's not in the budget, or that I do too have things to wear, he tells me I totally deserve that and that I should go treat myself. Aww.

2. Last night I made plans to go to dinner and get a pedicure with a friend. He finds out last minute that his friend is celebrating his 40th birthday at a sushi place in town....I tell him I can reschedule since a 40th birthday is kindof a big deal. He says, "no don't worry about it, just go have fun and I'll meet up with them after you get home." He didn't ask me to choose dinner or the pedicure, or let me reschedule even though I was perfectly willing to...

3. This happens often, Alex comes home from working from 7-4 and offers to take over playing with Hudson so I can "have a break". Or when Hudson wakes up in the middle of the night, he just gets up and takes care of H...he never nudges me and asks me to do it.

Whenever I get annoyed or lazy with loving him, I remind myself of the message above.

Since he always checks the mail, last week I put a thank you card in the mailbox for Mr. Brady addressed to:

The World's Best Dad
555 Sexy Husband Lane
Totally-Amazingville, WA 99999

He just smiled huge and called me a goober...but it's important to do those small unexpected things to "water the grass" and remind people how awesome they are & how much you love and appreciate them!

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely precious. It's the little things that make a marriage strong, more power to you guys. Love you and blessings! <3

    Em

    ReplyDelete