Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Favorite Holiday Albums

Mr. Brady is counting down the days...six (to be exact) left of...
 Christmas music in the house. 
Christmas music in the car. 
Christmas music at the mall. 
Christmas music at our favorite restaurants. 
Christmas music at Christmas parties.
Christmas music everywhere!!! 
While this is musical paradise to me, the only carol my hubs likes is The Christmas Song by Dave Matthews-which, as we all know, doesn't count. 
For indulging me and being such a good sport this year, I'm thinking about throwing him a "no-more-Christmas-music-for-a-whole-year-party". He kind-of deserves it. If I had to listen to country music for 30+ days, I'd want expect a prize too.
With six days left, I've been squeezing in as many festive tunes as possible and I thought I'd share some of my favorite holiday albums...

FAVE Indie Christmas Album-Rufus Wainwright, Andrew Bird, and Y La Bamba-LOVE!

Bing Crosby IS Christmas, this is my go-to-CLASSIC Christmas album. If I could only own one-this would be it!

My fave crooner-I love me some Nat King Cole any time of year! His version of the Christmas song is my idea of heaven.

I listen to this year-round....I call it inconspicuous Christmas music. It's quite lovely.

Nostalgia, Rockabilly and Christmas-what's not to love?

My pre-funk Christmas music-I start listening to this in October.

Next to Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite, this is my fave Classical Christmas music album.
My favorite Christmas song of all time is Judy Garland's Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...which is melancholy, weird.



What are your faves???

No comments:

Post a Comment