Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful Bits...pt 1

So, I mentioned here that I am feeling particularly inspired after watching the documentary Happy to mix things up a bit and "happy-fy" myself and my little family...happy wife, happy life-my hubs will agree!

What better way to start than by expressing my gratitude for things/people/experiences that I might otherwise take for granted? (And what better month to do this than November, am I right or am I right...or am I right?) This week I have made a conscious effort to really notice and appreciate the small things & moments that make me feel special or loved, happy or grateful.

Every Saturday in November I will turn what I have into enough and say thanks...

 
{here}  


  • I'm so thankful that I get to spend my days loving, cuddling, teaching, laughing with & playing with my uber-beautiful son. I never thought I'd want to be a stay at home mom...but, as challenging as it is, I couldn't imagine my life any other way. For the next year until he's old enough for Montessori I'm thankful that I get to spend tons of quality time with him and be present for his crazy-mom-cheer-worthy milestones. 
Them there eyes
  • It makes me happy that I get to cook for people I love. I don't like cooking...but when I'm preparing something for my two boys I am somehow filled with a sense of purpose and a joy that I didn't feel when I used to cook for myself alone.  (man, I am sounding an awful lot like a suburban 50's housewife with these last 2-trust me, I'm anything but!)
Using Playing with a SPOON
  •  I'm thankful for every part of my part time job. I love my boss, love my co-workers, love the job, love that it gets me out of the house and around adults and lots of Glittery Christmas Decor!

Happy Saturday!



1 comment:

  1. I truly believe that the people who look around and choose to be thankful for what they have instead of wishing for what they didn't lead more joy-filled lives. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete